Mickael Ducruet (IT/EXT)
IT Computing Facilities Group
Computer Centre Operations
Responsible for managing the infrastructure of the CERN Computer Centre and associated Computing Facilities, for planning and allocating resources within it to the various service managers according to their requirements and available resources.
In addition, this functional element provides for the preparation of rack infrastructure, physical installation of servers, as well as the subsequent movement and retirement of these machines in the CERN Computer Centre and associated Computing Facilities. Furthermore, this functional element provides for the overall management of the car pool.
- Team management
- Floor plans.
- Preparation, control of rack and hardware installations.
- Planning and allocation of the CERN Computer Centre and associated Computing Facility resources in terms of rack space, power and cooling.
- Evaluation of new hardware equipment
- Goods reception.
- Cabling and uncabling
- IT building tasks
- Information recording
- Inventory operations
- Move, removal, packing, unpacking and installation of machines.
- Maintenance of the CC.
Provided Goods and Products
- Racks equipped with electrical and newtwork distribution according to needs of the service manager
Last update: 17 Jun 2016